So you’ve just bought one of the Livermore Foreclosures or Livermore homes for sale and now you need to fix it up so it truly is your dream home.
Did you know Livermore, CA has a Home Improvement Rebate Program that reimburses low-income Livermore homeowners up to $5,000 to improve the exterior of their home – which are often times Livermore Foreclosures?
Only improvements made to Livermore Foreclosures & Livermore Homes that can be seen from the street, and improve the overall quality of the neighborhood, are eligible for reimbursement.
Homeowners have to submit an application and be approved for the rebate prior to beginning any work on homes in Livermore, after which Livermore City Staff will determine the scope of the improvements and the project specifications.
So what improvements to Livermore Foreclosures & Livermore Homes can be rebated?
• Applications will be ranked competitively based on urgency and need for repair as determined by the City. Other restrictions may apply
• Curbs, gutters, sidewalks, driveways, and drainage improvements.
• Exterior Painting
• General exterior home repairs and cleaning.
• Improvements and repairs to doors and porches.
• Preventative or seasonal landscape maintenance.
• Removal of blighting conditions on property.
• Repairs or replacement of roofing and fencing.
• Repairs to windows and screens.
• Termite damage repair.
And which Livermore Foreclosures & Livermore home improvements cannot be rebated?
• Additions to existing structure (except for handicap modifications).
• Construction/repair of swimming pools, hot tubs or decks.
• Other restrictions may apply, please call for information.
• Purchase or repair of equipment and tools.
• Purchase or repair of furnishings and decorative items.
• Repair work covered by insurance or warranty policies.
To receive an application and additional information on the Home Improvement Rebate Program, please call the Housing and Human Services Division at (925) 960-4590.