Curious what people thoughts are on NutriSystem Weight Loss Program?
Sales 1-800-435-4074 Mon-Sun 7am – 12am EST
Weight loss counselors, customer service, program consultants, dietary counselors 1-800-585-5483 – 3, 2, 1, 1 Mon-Sun 7am – 12am EST
I just started so the jury is still out. So far the food is descent. I went and picked up the 5 day kit at Walmart to try it out. It cost $45.00. That’s $9.00 a day and you get breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2 snacks; one in the morning and one on the evening. Not a bad deal being able to eat on roughly 10 bucks a day.
The first week was ROUGH. I was probably eating at least 4,500 calories a day before starting this program. They recommend 1,500 calories a day for men and 1,200 for women. So it was a huge drop for me! I was a VERY tired and lethargic especially at the end of the day. Nearing the end of my second week, I am getting used to it and getting some of my old energy back.
To give them credit… I didn’t do the program exactly right. You are supposed to eat other “real” food thru-out the day, like fruits and vegetables, But I wanted to give it a bit of a boost the first couple weeks.
So if you just eat the food they give you (breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2 snacks; one in the morning and one on the evening. ) Here’s a rough breakdown on how many calories and what not you will get; but it depends on your meals.
Calories – 880
Protein – 42 grams
Carbs – 113
Fat – 33 grams
Fiber – 20 grams
Sodium – 985
Cholesterol – 100 mg
Saturated Fat – 18 Grams
The Walmart program just kind of reals ya in. If you want more variety you have to then order directly from them. The price per day goes up a bit, but not much maybe $2.00 – $3.00 per day. It depends on if you want to customize your meals, if you have any health problems and if you want to be able to talk to a dietician/nutritionist.
For the first month, I just let them pick and choose. I will def not be doing that again. Their are quite a few items I probably will not like. But it made it easy while I figure the program out. I chose the mid program, so I could customize, talk to people and get some health specific advice.
I was a bit confused with all this talk about extras, free foods, vegetables, starchy food vs non starchy foods, smartcarbs, powerfuels, etc. So I’ll try and explain it a bit for those who were also confused.
What is a SmartCarb?
From the Nutrisystem web site “The term “SmartCarbs” refers to a specific group of carbohydrates that are nutrient-rich and lower on the Glycemic Index. These carbs are packed with fiber so they are digested more slowly, helping you feel fuller longer. Plus, they deliver vitamins, minerals and other important nutrients your body needs. Foods like whole grain rice, pasta and cereals, fresh or frozen fruit, and starchy veggies like beans, peas, corn and sweet potatoes all fall into the SmartCarb category.”
The NutriSystem NutriCURB bars count as one SmartCarb & one PowerFuel
NutriSystem Nutri-PRO Shakes count as one SmartCarb & one PowerFuel. They help burn bellyfat & build lean muscle mass.
What is a PowerFuel?
From the NutiSystem website “The foods included in the PowerFuels group include high-quality proteins that contain essential amino acids as well as nuts and nut butters that contain healthy fats. PowerFuels are a great addition to your diet because it takes longer for your body to digest them, so they help keep you feeling full as you go about your day.”
The NutriSystem NutriCURB bars count as one SmartCarb & one PowerFuel
TurboShakes are one PowerFuel & help burn bellyfat.
NutriSystem Nutri-PRO Shakes count as one SmartCarb & one PowerFuel. They help burn bellyfat & build lean muscle mass.
Starchy vegetables like corn, potatoes and peas fall under the SmartCarb category. So those are limited.
The non-starchy vegetable group includes familiar staples like leafy greens, broccoli and tomatoes. You should be eating at least four non-starchy vegetable servings along with your Nutrisystem meals. Many of these veggies you can eat as much as you want! woo hoo 🙂
OK free foods?
“Free Foods are no-calorie or low-calorie optional add-ins that you can use to spice up your Nutrisystem foods or your SmartCarbs, PowerFuels and Vegetables. These optional extras are unlimited when they are less than 10 calories.”
“Extras are also add-ons you might use to add some flavor to your foods. Extras, however, contain between 11 and 35 calories per serving. To avoid loading up on too many added calories, we recommend limiting your Extras to three servings per day.”
What are FlexMeals?
Haven’t really got to this point yet. I like it easy and just use their meals. 🙂
They recommend at least 64 ounces day. Any fluid counts, but make sure it doesn’t have calories. Black coffee, Unsweetened Iced Tea, Seltzer, tea; black, green, herbal. They said it helps flush the sodium out of your system so you don’t retain water and are less bloated.
They recommend not drinking at all on the program.
So what’s a typical day look like? For someone with no health issues, they recommend a ratio of 50% carbs, 30% protein & 20% fats. 1,500 calories a day for men and 1,200 for women. If you lift weights make sure to get added protein to keep muscle loss to a minimum.
First thing I do is step on the scale every day after I use the bathroom. I have one of those ones that tells you your weight, fat, muscle, bone, water, body age, etc. I record all the data in a journal. I also took body measurements and will probably remeasure every 2 weeks. I am a data driven kind of guy.
I get up in the morning. I like to have one full squeezed lemon in 16 ounces of water. I usually wait about an hour to have breakfast after the water.
I have my NutriSystem item labeled breakfast & one PowerFuel
NutriSystem provided snack plus one PowerFuel & one SmartCarb
NutriSystem provided lunch plus one PowerFuel, one “extra” & two servings of vegetables. I personally go to the gym at lunch. So my powerfuel, I eat half before I go to the gym and half after. That way I have added energy to workout and and the protein and carbs can fuel muscle growth and put energy back in my muscles.
NutriSystem provided snack plus one “extra”
NutriSystem provided dinner plus one SmartCarb, one “extra” & two servings of vegetables
So we all know there is no cure for much of anything. But if you catch Gum Disease, Gingivitis & Periodontal Disease early it can usually be completely reversed.
Here are the top tips on fixing it and helping to eliminate bad breath:
- Brush after each meal & before bedtime. Use a soft bristle brush & replace your toothbrush every three months.
- Use a gentle toothpaste.
- Floss your teeth at least twice a day
- Use a water flosser or Waterpik
- Chew gum. After you eat, pop in a piece of sugar-free gum sweetened with xylitol. Xylitol kills the bacteria that cause cavities, and gum in general makes more saliva in your mouth, which helps to bring down acid levels. Chew gum for about 20 minutes after you eat.If you can’t do that swish some water around your mouth.
- Use mouthwash after each meal; esp if you can’t brush. (Keep a travel bottle in your car or purse) Make sure to rinse your mouth out with water before using as some toothpastes can interact with mouthwash; also known as mouth-rinse. Most over the counter versions last about 3 – 5 hours before you need to use it again.
- See your dentist at least EVERY 6 months. If you are lazy about brushing; you might need to see your dentist for a cleaning every three to four months.
- Vitamin C can help bleeding gums, according to a study at the USDA Western Nutrition Research Center in San Francisco. The National Institute of Health recommends a daily dose of 100 to 200mg
- A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition examined data from 6,700 people. Those with the highest levels of vitamin D were 20% less likely to show signs of gingivitis.
- Getting at least 800 milligrams of calcium a day can reduce your chances of developing severe gum disease, according to a study from the State University of New York at Buffalo.
Make sure any products you use earns the ADA Seal of Acceptance. They earn it by providing scientific evidence that demonstrates the safety and efficacy of its product, which the ADA Council on Scientific Affairs carefully evaluates according to objective requirements.
More than 75 percent of Americans over 35 have some form of gum disease.
Signs you may have Gum Disease, Gingivitis & Periodontal Disease:
- Gums that bleed during and after tooth-brushing
- Red, swollen or tender gums
- Persistent bad breath or bad taste in the mouth
- Receding gums
- Formation of deep pockets between teeth and gums
- Loose or shifting teeth
- Changes in the way teeth fit together on biting, or in the fit of partial dentures
Why do gums recede?
- Gum diseases
- Vigorous brushing and flossing
- Hard toothbrush
- Inadequate daily oral hygiene
- Improper dental care
- Teeth grinding
- Crooked or misaligned teeth
- Badly fitted crowns, dentures or bridgework
- Consumption of tobacco products
- Piercing of lip or tongue
Your dentist will check your gums for bleeding, swelling and firmness. They will check to make sure your teeth don’t move or have any sensitivity. They will check your site and order full x rays to look for the breakdown of bone around your teeth.
You might hear them call out a bunch of numbers while there poking your gums. That’s called dental charting. They are measuring how far a probe can go into your gums. The bigger the numbers the worse off you are. Health gums the numbers will be under 3. Gums should be nice and pink with no bleeding. 3 to 5 mm is beginning stages of disease and bone loss might be occurring. Anything over 5 is serious and needs to be fixed ASAP.
Gum disease is serious. According to the American Dental Association, advanced gum disease can lead to a loss of gum tissue and bone. It may also be linked to serious health conditions like diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Gingivitis is the term used for the inflammation of gums. At this stage you will show signs of inflammation without gum recession or bone loss. Chronic gingivitis can be seen in most of the population and it is characterized by tender, swollen, red gums that bleed easily and may be responsible for bad breath. If not treated, it can advance to periodontitis and lead to further complications.
The primary cause of gum disease is poor oral hygiene, resulting in plaque buildup along and under the gum line. Plaque builds up when bacteria attach to the tooth and gum margins.
Disease-causing bacteria tend to appear in oral biofilms not disturbed on a regular basis by oral hygiene procedures like brushing and flossing. As gum disease sets in, the disease-causing bacteria move into defects known as periodontal pockets around the teeth from which they are increasingly difficult to remove. There are currently over six hundred species of bacteria known to exist in the mouth alone, with only about four hundred currently identified. Disease-causing bacteria may only account for a small proportion of the total bacterial population in the mouth, but their effects if uncontrolled can be devastating.
Periodontal disease refers to any disease (actually several) that affect the areas around the teeth (from the Latin “peri” – around and Greek “odont” – tooth).
While a regular dental cleaning is for the visible portion of teeth, scaling and root planing is a special cleaning that removes plaque and tartar (also known as calculus) from under the gumline (in periodontal pockets) and smoothes the root surfaces to promote healing. A scaling procedure is the only way to remove calculus from this area.
Mouthwashes / Mouth Rinses
Choosing A Mouthwash:
What’s the best mouthwash to use to help create a nice clean mouth?
There are two types of mouthwash: cosmetic and therapeutic. Cosmetic mouthwash temporarily control bad breath, but have no long term application beyond their temporary benefit. For example, if a product doesn’t kill bacteria associated with bad breath, then its benefit is considered to be solely cosmetic. Therapeutic mouthwash, by contrast, has active ingredients intended to help control or reduce conditions like bad breath, gingivitis, plaque, and tooth decay.
Active ingredients that may be used in therapeutic mouthwash include:
- cetylpyridinium chloride
- essential oils
Cetylpyridinium chloride may be added to reduce bad breath. Both chlorhexidine and essential oils can be used to help control plaque and gingivitis. Fluoride is a proven agent in helping to prevent decay. Peroxide is present in several whitening mouthwashes. Therapeutic mouthwash is available both over-the-counter and by prescription, depending on the formulation. For example, mouthwashes containing essential oils are available in stores, while those containing chlorhexidine are available only by prescription.
Mouthwashes with therapeutic agents like antimicrobials, however, may be effective for more long-term control of bad breath. Antimicrobials in mouthwash formulations include chlorhexidine, chlorine dioxide, cetylpyridinium chloride, and essential oils (e.g., eucalyptol, menthol, thymol, and methyl salicylate). Other agents used in mouthwashes to inhibit odor-causing compounds include zinc salts, ketone, terpene, and ionone. Although the combination of chlorhexidine and cetylpyridinium chloride plus zinc lactate has been shown to significantly reduce bad breath, it also may significantly contribute to tooth staining.
When used in mouthwashes, antimicrobial ingredients like cetylpyridinium, chlorhexidine, and essential oils have been shown to reduce plaque and gingivitis when combined with daily brushing and flossing. While some studies have found that chlorhexidine achieved better plaque control than essential oils, no difference was observed with respect to gingivitis control. Cetylpyridinium and chlorhexidine may cause brown staining of teeth, tongue, and/or restorations.
So far chlorhexidine gluconate mouthwash is the most effective anti-plaque and anti-gingivitis to date. The ability of the oral tissues to absorb chlorhexidine gluconate allows it to be slowly released in active form over 12 to 24 hours.
Some studies show an alcohol based (ethanol) mouthwash could potentially cause oral cancer. It works by killing germs and bacteria in your mouth. It also burns when you use it and will dry out your mouth a bit.
Children younger than the age of 6 should not use mouthwash, unless directed by a dentist, because they may swallow large amounts of the liquid inadvertently.
Here’s a highly rated Waterpik water flosser:
Our business is a sorting business, not a selling business. The Law of Large Numbers MUST work in your favor. We need to keep our IPA’s up (Income Producing Activities). I got these number a while back and they are probably pretty close to true. Now, you will probably BUILD toward the “Millionaire” activity level while you still have another occupation, etc. Give it time to get there! Wouldn’t it be worth talking to lots of people to create a MILLION DOLLAR business????
Hours worked each week
Phone dials per day
People talked to per day
Presentations per Week (phone or face-to-face)
Followups per day
Number of “No’s” per week
Conference calls with guests each week
Number of new reps each week
Where is your activity level??
100% Organic Non-Toxic
Not a Soap Non-Magnetic
Not a Detergent Non-Volatile
HOUSEHOLD SUGGESTED USES ONLY
General Cleaning: Use ½ teaspoon to quart of warm water. It cleans kitchen doors, woodwork, walls, ceilings, etc.
Appliances and Bathroom Fixtures: Use ¼ teaspoon to pint of water. It leaves refrigerators odor-free and sanitary. Great for bathroom tile!
Windows, Mirrors, All Glass: Add 1 – 2 drops in 14oz spray bottle. Wipe dry with paper towel. Do not use a lot of Basic-H or glass will smear.
Dishes: Use ½ teaspoon in the dishpan. Fill dirty pans with water, add ½ teaspoon Basic-H2 and let stand to loosen stuck particles.
Automatic Dishwashers: Use Shaklee Dishwasher Concentrate.
Floors: Use 1 tablespoon to a gallon of cold water, wring mop and wipe up dirt. Leaves floor shining. To remove wax use Basic-I.
Dusting: Squeeze sponge out of solution of ¼ teaspoon to pint of water. With almost dry sponge, wipe off dust, fingerprints, candy spots, etc. Or use spray bottle and a clean cloth. Everything disappears from furniture, leaving wax finish beautifully bright and non-magnetic, making it unnecessary to dust as often.
Fruits and Vegetables: Use small squirt to a basin of water. Soak produce for 6 minutes to remove residues of poisonous sprays and the grime of handling in transportation. Also removes grit from leafy vegetables. Rinse.
Woolens, Silks, Nylons, All Fine Fabrics: Use ½ teaspoon to basin of water. For spots, apply a drop or two directly on the spot and press in with thumb. Immerse garment in cold water solution of 1 teaspoon per gallon of water, let stand a few minutes, then rinse by squeezing water through and laying out to dry.
Spot Remover: Apply Basic-H2 directly on spotted area. Use a toothbrush or finger to rub Basic-H2 into area. Wipe off with damp cloth or rinse in basin of water (Coffee, lipstick, ink, grass, etc).
Frying Vats: Use ½ cup to 3 gallons of water. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. It dissolves stubborn crusts without damage to vats. Burned pans come clean- add one tsp.of Basic H to water and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Concrete and Mortar Mix: Use ½ oz. to a gallon of water. Makes cement spread easier and smoother, set harder.
Knives: Use a few drops on cutting stone for sharpening knives. Keep moist and add as needed. Doesn’t clog stone, very
important in sharpening tools. Stone rinses free of residue.
CD’s: Use same solution as for glass. Clean with soft, dry cloth. Leaves no residual magnetism.
Wallpaper: Excellent in removing wallpaper. ½ tsp per pint water.
Aquariums: Use 1 teaspoon per quart of water. Clean coral, rocks, entire aquarium with Basic-H2 solution. Rinse thoroughly.
Fish Odors: Use ½ tablespoon per quart of water. Basic-H2 cleaning solutions work wonders around boats, docks and other “fishy” places.
Boat Algae: Use ½ tablespoon to gallon of water.
Spray Snow or Poster Paint on Windows: Remove it with ¼ teaspoon to quart of warm water.
Protecting Hands: Apply at full strength to hands for lasting protection as an industrial skin guard. It is great as invisible
gloves before painting.
Cleaning Hands: Put a few drops in palm. Rub thoroughly over hand and add a little water. Continue with usual washing action. Add a touch more water as needed and rinse. Removed tobacco stains, onion and garlic odors. Variation – mix 1/4 Basic H2 and ½ water in a 4 oz squeeze bottle.
Gum: Use full strength to remove gum from skin , hair or carpet.
Painting and Dyeing: Apply full strength to hands before painting or dyeing. Paint or dye will wash off easily. Be careful not to get Basic-H2 in eyes.
Shoe Cleaner: Use 1 drop on a wet cloth. It will not remove wax. Shine with dry cloth.
Washing: Use ½ tablespoon to gallon of water. Wash small area at a time, and hose off. Wiping dry is not necessary. Wipe windshield, windows and chrome with paper towels after rinsing. Bugs and road grime float away.
Engines: Use ½ oz to one gallon water to clean engine. It will not affect paint, gaskets or insulating material. Best results can be achieved when the engine is hot for fastest drying of the ignition system.
Battery Terminals: Use ¼ teaspoon to pint of water. Spray on battery terminals, let soak for 2 minutes and clean with wire brush. Use full strength Basic-h on battery terminals to avoid corrosion or galvanic action.
Automobile Radiator: Use ½ tablespoon to radiator full of water or anti-freeze. This prevents rust.
Air Filters: Use ¼ teaspoon to quart of warm water. Air filters are cleaned with excellent results, leaving them free of dirt, oil, or chemical residue.
Rose Bushes: Use ½ teaspoon to gallon of water. Spraying rose bushes will protect them from red spider and other diseases, and also fertilize them.
House Plants: Use a few drops in water. Water plants and they will flourish. Use to wipe down leaves also.
Green Lawns: Use 1 tablespoon to “ortho-type” bottle applicator full of water. This should let 2 gallons of water through applicator to spray on lawn like liquid fertilizer.
Outside Windows: Use ½ teaspoon to “ortho-type” bottle applicator full of water. This should let 2 gallons of water through applicator to spray on windows and screens.
Humidifiers: Use 1 or 2 drops in water to help prevent rust and scum.
Water Soluble Gum Tape: Use 2 to 3 drops in a 16 oz spray bottle, or tape dispenser with water tank.
Toilet Bowl Cleaner: Fill toilet tank dispenser with Basic-H2. Place in toilet tank. It will automatically release a measured amount of Basic-H2 when you flush, to keep toilet bowl clean for months.
Basic-G: Can also be used in toilet tank dispenser full strength or diluted. Basic-G cleans with biodegradable agents while it disinfects and is even veridical when used as directed. Basic-G will deodorize bathroom areas, garbage cans and other areas where bacterial growth can cause unpleasant odors. Basic-G is concentrated for economy.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER!!
Basic-H2 is the most economical cleaner you can buy. One quart makes 192 gallons of cleaning solution by following directions.
Do Not Use More Than Recommended. A little goes a long way! Save $$!
Basic-H2 contains no acids, no alkalis, no kerosene or solvent, and has no offensive or detergent odor.
Basic-H2 has s pH factor of 6.5, right in the range of human skin.
Basic-H2 makes water many times wetter.
Basic-H2 is a fantastically versatile cleaner.
Basic-H2 does not hinder bacterial action of septic tanksor cesspools.
DO NOT put fingers or foreign matter into Basic-H2 container. Large amounts of bacteria can cause degrading action and weaken your cleaner.
If a heavy-duty cleaner is required, use Basic-I.
In extremely stubborn areas of grease or stains, use Shaklee At-Ease (Scour Off) scouring cleaner.
Ironing: A few drops in steam iron will keep the jets and interior clean.
Plumbing: Will keep pipes open and clean when used regularly. It emulsifies grease and can eliminate cleaning of grease traps.
NOTE: Just TWO OUNCES of Basic-H2 replaces 728 bottles of Windex! Basic-H2 saves you money in your home or business and works with the environment! Just think of the landfills not being burdened by using one pint of Basic-H2 for window washing solution. Available in all sizes up to 30 drum capacity. There are 1,000 different uses for this environmentally sound product.
REMEMBER: Anything SAFE in water is SAFELY cleaned with Basic H2 and water.
Hello Down-line Business Leaders!!
First of all let me say I am in awe of the TALENT and POWER of the people that are receiving this email!
I have finally learned enough about this ‘brand new’ technology of email 🙂 to assemble a distribution list of my entire Downline Business Leaders! (And I am still waiting for a few more I can’t see on my recap!) I have had all of you on different lists but now that I have put you all in one spot…WOW, what a team of people we have! There are truly no limits to what this group of people can and will achieve with Shaklee!! I am VERY blessed and humbled to have the privilege of a downline like this! Truly INCREDIBLE!! Look out world, here we come!
My wife Cindy and my Girls say hello and wish all of you a very blessed and prosperous New Year!
The New Year always gives us a chance to look back and see where we have been and the chance to look ahead at were we want to go, so in that spirit I want to share something with you all. I was recently doing some ‘house cleaning’ of materials from the past 15 years of being involved in Network Marketing and I stumbled across some records from my first few years involved in MLM. I thought I would share them with you in this email because I can remember like it was just yesterday how excited I was about trying to achieve the big Dreams I had back then.
AN OVERNIGHT SUCCESS!! (NOT)
Many of you may or may not know that my first check in this business (in 1990) was a whopping $0.46 (Yes, that’s 46 cents!) and that was after a full 90 days of work! Man, did my friends and family think I was NUTS! 🙂 But hey, you have to start somewhere! I found the records of the next few months, are you ready for this: The next checks went like this: $3.68, then $8.64, then $8.28 (backslider!), then $10.62, then $14.30 (Note the 40% increase!!!!), then $30.72 (Another double! Now this thing is going to fly!), then $28.72 (Dang it!), then $33.61, then $39.22! OK, not real impressive, but I was starting to see a trend! I won’t bore you with the remaining early times but I think you can get the picture. In January of 1992 (2 years from my start) I made a total of $762.77!!! The only problem was my expenses were $958.24!! Man, is this a GREAT business or what?!! 1993 was getting better though as I finally got a check with a comma in it!! Late in 1994 I was able to quit my regular job! (That, as they say, was priceless!) Then between 1995 and 2004 I made over $5,000,000!! (Yes, that’s 5 Million!) So much for the over night thing!
I am not sure whether this will encourage you or discourage you but it is what it is! 🙂 To be honest, I don’t really believe that I did too much different in the early lean days than I did when I got the big checks. I don’t think I became more talented, more determined or too much more educated about the products or business offerings. I very simply DID NOT QUIT on my dreams and I consistently talked to people as often as I could. Many said NO, some said YES. (And of those that said yes, only a few really meant it!!:-)) But that is the beauty of this business! It does not take many! If there is one thing that made the difference, it was the fact that I was involved at the time of a MAJOR INDUSTRY SHIFT. (For those who don’t know, I was in the Telecom Industry which exploded in the mid 90’s, then subsequently busted around 2002-2004, of which I thank God everyday that it did so that I could be here now!)
That experience is why we should ALL be SO EXCITED ABOUT SHAKLEE TODAY!!
WE ARE AT THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME!!!
All of us are really just getting started with our Shaklee businesses. Some of us have had 2 years now and some just a few months. (Feel free to compare your earnings to that of mine during your early stages in this business if you want to get really excited, you are probably WAY ahead of me!!) HERE IS SOMETHING YOU CAN NOT MISS: WE ARE AT A TIME OF A MAJOR, MAJOR INDUSTRY SHIFT!! The noise of Health and Wellness is everywhere and will continue to get much louder in the next 5 to 10 years! (With or without any of us! And we have the PERFECT vehicle with SHAKLEE!) Today ‘Green’ is GOLD! And it is not just happening here in the US and Canada! We will blaze a trail around the world with Shaklee and I believe it can be lead by THIS team of people!!! I am CONVINCED that the Top Income earners of Shaklee 5 and 10 years from now will be filled with the names of the people on this email list and their downline that have yet to enter our businesses!! But it won’t happen by accident or chance or luck! It WILL come from commitment, dedication and persistence! (Notice I said NOTHING about talent!) IT’S ALL ABOUT HOW BAD DO WE (YOU) WANT IT?!
THE TIME FOR MASSIVE ACTION IS NOW!
Over the next 3 to 5 years (That’s only 36 to 60 months time!) we must take action EVERYDAY toward our Dreams. You never know what action, even the smallest of them, will result in massive future success. This year of 2007 is going to be a critically important foundational year for the development of everyone’s businesses. Take advantage of the timing and position we find ourselves squarely in the center of! Put your goals in front of you everyday, somehow – someway, and TAKE ACTION! I know I am going too!
I will be communicating with you on a regular basis via email, conference calls and in person in many areas in 2007. I would like to put my travel schedule together in the month of January for the remainder of 2007 and if you think I could help you in your business with a visit to your area please let me know and I will get there! I would also like to invite each of you as business leaders, and your teams, to my Retreat in Wisconsin Dells for a weekend of Dream Building, Training and FUN! I will be scheduling get away weekends throughout the year. Let me know of your interest as well!
I will also be busy personally developing new Business Partners to join us in our mission to spread Shaklee around the globe! If there is ANYTHING I can assist you with, don’t hesitate to ask! 2007 is going to be a GREAT year!
God Bless. Sincerely, Pat
The products and the claims made about specific products on or through this site have not been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
This is a very helpful guide for people who use Shaklee’s all-natural products! Enjoy!
NOTE: ALL programs should begin with the following three items:
1) Shaklee Vita-Lea 2) Soy Protein 3) Optiflora
THEN: ADD the three items listed first when dealing with the ailments listed below.
1. WATER: drink adequate purified water for proper internal fluid exchange
2. ALFALFA: aids in cleansing the blood; mild antibiotic effect toward pathogenic bacteria
3. ZINC: promotes infection prevention & decreases acne scars
4. HERB-LAX: reduces body bacterial count
5. LECITHIN: accommodates better absorption of fatty acids
6. CAROTOMAX: nourishes epithelial skin tissue to resist infection
7. VITAMIN C: promotes immune function
8. GARLIC: anti-bacterial
9. B COMPLEX: improves blood flow to surface of skin
10. OMEGAGUARD: helps repair damaged cells; keeps skin soft & smooth
ALLERGIES: (Purify the air you breathe – AirSource recommended)
1. REMOVE ALL KNOWN FOOD ALLERGIES (milk, eggs, wheat, corn, sugar, dyes?)
2. ALFALFA: natural anti-inflammatory; natural anti-histamine
3. VITAMIN C: reduces histamine release; anti-inflammatory
4. ZINC: a powerful immune system booster
5. SHAKLEE DR: a powerful herbal immune booster. Use only on a rotation basis 4 days on / 3 days off (use Monday through Thursday then stay off for the weekend: Friday through Sunday)
6. GARLIC: helps normalize & stabilize the immune system
7. OSTEOMATRIX: helps reduce the body stress from allergies
8. CAROTOMAX: stimulates immune response
9. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: necessary for proper immune function
1. EXTRA INSTANT OR ENERGIZING SOY: hemoglobin is 95% protein
2. B COMPLEX: essential in red blood cell production
3. IRON: an essential component of red blood cells
4. VITAMIN C: enhances the body’s use of iron
5. OPTIFLORA: increases mineral absorption
1. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: increases blood flow; helps prevent blood clotting; increases oxygen available to all tissue
2. LECITHIN: emulsifies fat & lowers cholesterol
3. CoEnyzmeQ10: Energizes heart muscle and relaxes/dilates blood vessels
4. CHOLESTEROL REGLUATING COMPLEX: to reduce cholesterol
5. OSTEOMATRIX: muscle relaxant
6. GLA OR EPA: improves circulation; reduces work demand on heart
7. B COMPLEX: helps prevent clotting; dilates or opens blood vessels; regulates heartbeat & heart elasticity; improves electrical conduction in the heart
8. VITAMIN C: helps lower serum cholesterol; essential for formation & repair of connective tissue
9. GARLIC: dilates small blood vessels which helps prevent clotting
1. ALFALFA: anti-inflammatory; high in chlorophyll; helps reduce uric acid; anti-stiffness factor
2. VITAMIN C: anti-inflammatory; important for strong cartilage; anti-stress; assists mineral absorption
3. JOINT HEALTH COMPLEX: glucosamine hydrochloride to repair cartilage
4. OSTEOMATRIX: essential for strong cartilage; anti-stress from arthritic pain
5. HERB-LAX: reduces toxins & inflammation
6. B COMPLEX: helps body deal with the stress from pain
7. GLA: anti-inflammatory: reduces joint tenderness, swelling & stiffness
8. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: inhibits formation of free radicals which can damage the joints
9. GARLIC: anti-inflammatory; inhibits formation of free radicals which can damage the joints
10. CAROTOMAX: promotes healing in the epithelial tissue; free radical inhibitor
11. ZINC: promotes healing in connective tissue repair
ASTHMA: (remove all known food allergies & purify the air you breathe – choose AirSource)
1. CAROTOMAX: essential for tissues repair & immunity
2. GLA: acts like a natural steroid
3. VITAMIN C: anti-inflammatory; improves immune system strength; natural anti-histamine effect
4. NUTRIFERON: (especially for environmental allergies)
5. ZINC: improves healing; strengthens immune system
6. B COMPLEX: strengthens the immune system; anti-stress
7. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: strengthens the immune system; promotes healing
8. LECITHIN: soothes the bronchial tubes & lungs
9. GARLIC: anti-inflammatory, strengthens the immune system
1. WATER: Drink adequate purified water
2. OPTIFLORA: provides necessary “friendly” bacteria
3. DEFEND & RESIST: powerful immune system booster (use for 7 to 15 days only)
4. GARLIC: natural antibiotic
5. VITAMIN C: anti-bacterial; immune system booster
1. VITAMIN C: immune system booster; natural decongestant; thins mucous
2. GARLIC: natural antibiotic; anti-infection; anti-viral; natural decongestant
3. CAROTOMAX: protective to lung tissue; healing of all tissue
4. HERB-LAX: reduces body bacterial count
5. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: improved breathing; healing for tissue; powerful free radical scavenger
6. ZINC: healing for tissues; immune system strengthener
CANCER: (purify the air you breathe. AirSource is recommended)
1. VITAMIN C: increases production & stimulation of T-killer cells which destroy cancer cells
2. CAROTOMAX: strengthens immune system; greatly reduces risk of epithelial tissue cancer
3. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: powerful free radical scavenger
4. NUTRIFERON: strengthens the immune system
5. ZINC: strengthens the thymus gland for a stronger immune system
6. GARLIC: enhances the immune system: causes T-killer cells to be more active
7. GLA: immune system strengthener / slows down cellular multiplication
8. B COMPLEX: increases speed of the immune system response
9. HERB-LAX: reduces body toxins
10. OPTIFLORA: increases “friendly” bacteria
11. CoEnzymeQ10: energizes the healing power in each cell
12. LECITHIN: strengthens neurotransmitters which allows communication to the nervous system
13. LIVER DTX: Reduce the toxin load in the body
14. ALFALFA: blood purifier and mineral smorgasbord
15. EXTRA SOY PROTEIN: contains anti-cancer components
CANDIDA: (avoid sugar, fruit juices, alcohol, caffeine, white flour, uncultured dairy products – also, colonic irrigation is a good idea)
1. GARLIC: destroys overgrowth of yeast
2. OPTIFLORA: replaces “friendly” bacteria
3. VITAMIN C: strengthens the immune system
4. B COMPLEX: increases absorption (candida prevents absorption of nutrients)
5. ZINC: strengthens the immune system
6. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: strengthens the immune system
7. CAROTOMAX: strengthens the immune system
8. NUTRIFERON: to strengthen the weakened immune system
1. INSTANT OR ENERGIZING SOY: essential to provide amino acid L-Lysine
2. B COMPLEX: immune function & healing
3. OPTIFLORA: provides “friendly” bacteria
4. VITAMIN C: healing, immune function; anti-bacterial
5. GARLIC: natural antibiotic
6. ZINC: healing properties
7. CAROTOMAX: speed healing
1. ZINC: healing & connective tissue repair; immune system booster
2. VITAMIN C: antioxidant properties to prevent tissue damage
3. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: powerful free radical scavenger
4. CAROTOMAX: deficiency has been linked to poor vision & cataract formation
5. INSTANT OR ENERGIZING SOY: import for lens repair
6. B COMPLEX: essential for intracellular eye metabolism
7. OMEGAGUARD: tissue membrane health
8. CoEnzymeQ10: energize healing
CHOLESTEROL (HIGH) (eat cabbage, oatmeal, apples, etc. for soluble fiber)
1. SOLUBLE FIBER (e.g.. Fiber Plan, Daily Crunch): prevents fat absorption; reduces stress on heart by minimizing fat accumulation
2. LECITHIN: converts serum cholesterol to good HDL
3. CHOLESTEROL REGULATING COMPLEX: to reduce cholesterol
4. CoEnzymeQ10: Reduces LDL oxidation
5. GLUCOSE REGULATING COMPLEX: reduce formation of cholesterol
6. ALFALFA: has natural chelating affect in arteries
7. GARLIC: prevents clotting; dilates small blood vessels; dissolves fatty deposits & thins blood
8. OPTIFLORA: helps normalize blood lipids
9. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: natural blood vessel dilator/ reduces LDL oxidation
10. LIVER DTX: makes a healthier liver (a dirty liver produces excess cholesterol in the bile)
11. EXTRA SOY PROTEIN: clinically tested to aid in cholesterol reduction
12. B COMPLEX: reduces homocysteine level
CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME:
1. B COMPLEX: releases energy from food; increases immune cell activity
2. CAROTOMAX: has a powerful effect on some specific immune system functions
3. CoEnzymeQ10: Energizes every cell
4. NUTRIFERON: to strengthen the immune system
5. VITAMIN C: has as powerful anti-viral effect
6. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: greatly enhances the ability of the body to produce powerful antibodies
7. ZINC: dramatically promotes all types of T-cell (immune systems) production & aggressiveness
8. GARLIC: immune booster
9. FITNESS OR PHYSIQUE: excellent for muscle tissue recovery
10. OMEGAGUARD: essential for tissue membrane recovery
11. CorENERGY (Ginseng/Cordyceps): strengthen and replenish the adrenals
12. STRESS RELIEF COMPLEX: nourishment for a stressed nervous system
COLITIS: (AVOID the foods you are allergic to!)
1. SOLUBLE FIBER (e.g.. Fiber Plan, Daily Crunch): to provide soft bulk & reduce frequent stools
2. OPTIFLORA: to repopulate the bowel lining with “friendly” bacteria
3. CAROTOMAX: provides healing to the epithelial bowel tissue
4. ZINC: promotes healing
5. ALFALFA: provides vitamin K for healing; overcomes mineral deficiencies due to frequent elimination; anti-inflammatory
6. GARLIC: anti-inflammatory
7. B COMPLEX: anti-stress
8. OSTEOMATRIX: anti-stress; helps reduce risk of bowel cancer
9. VITAMIN C: promotes healing of mucous membranes; strengthens immune system
10. CoEnzymeQ10: to enhance healing energy
11. STRESS RECOVERY COMPLEX: nourishment for a stressed nervous system
1. OPTIFLORA: to repopulate the bowel lining with “friendly” bacteria
2. SOLUBLE FIBER (e.g.. Fiber Plan, Daily Crunch): to provide soft bulk & reduce frequent stools
3. ALFALFA: anti-inflammatory; high mineral content promotes healing; promotes cleansing of bowel irritants
4. ZINC: promotes healing
5. B COMPLEX: anti-stress; increases absorption
6. CAROTOMAX: aids in controlling infection; promotes healing of bowel lining
7. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: aids healing
8. OMEGAGUARD: essential for tissue healing
DEPRESSION: (investigate hormonal imbalance – estrogen dominance? progesterone deficiency? etc.)
1. B COMPLEX: nourishes the central nervous system
2. LECITHIN: insulates the central nervous system; nourishes brain cells; essential for nerve transmission
3. ST. JOHN’S WORT COMPLEX: stimulates serotonin production
4. INSTANT OR ENERGIZING SOY: provides amino acids to increase serotonin levels
5. GINKGO BILOBA (Shaklee Clarity): improves oxygen/hormone/nutrient availability to the brain
6. STRESS RELIEF COMPLEX: nourishes the central nervous system
7. CorENERGY (Ginseng/Cordyceps): strengthen & replenish the glands
8. OPTIFLORA: reduce toxin load
DIABETES: (increase fiber in diet to prevent drastic shifts in blood sugar levels & avoid white flour products. Follow the Calorie/Carbohydrate Ratio Diet)
1. GLUCOSE REGULATING COMPLEX: helps manage blood sugar
2. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: helps reduce risk of retinopathy; neuropathy, gangrene, & circulatory problems
3. B COMPLEX: helps reduce risk of neuropathy; increases glucose utilization; strengthens pancreas
4. ALFALFA: replaces minerals lost by frequent urination; strengthens kidneys
5. ZINC: promotes healing
6. LECITHIN: reduces risk of cardiovascular disease; reduces neuropathy problems; increases circulation
7. VITAMIN C: strengthens pancreas; essential in healing; reduces risk of retinopathy; reduces risk of cardiovascular disease
8. CoEnzymeQ10: energizes the pancreas
DIVERTICULITIS: (soluble fiber like Fiber Plan, Daily Crunch is advantageous; oatmeal recommended)
1. HERB-LAX: promotes cleansing of bowel irritants; stool softening
2. ALFALFA: bowel cleanser; promotes healing
3. OPTIFLORA: repopulate bowel with “friendly” bacteria
4. LECITHIN: lubricates & heals bowel lining
5. ZINC: promotes healing
6. B COMPLEX: anti-stress
7. CAROTOMAX: strengthens bowel muscles & mucous membranes
1. HERB-LAX: promotes detoxification
2. ALFALFA: promotes cleansing of the blood; strengthens the elimination ability of kidneys; contain chlorophyll which aids in skin healing
3. OPTIFLORA: increase good bacteria levels
4. ZINC: promotes healing
5. STRESS RELIEF COMPLEX
6. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: improves circulation
7. OMEGAGUARD: for tissue healing
8. VITAMIN C: promotes healing
9. CAROTOMAX: promotes tissue healing
1. SHAKLEE DR: natural antibiotic; powerful immune system booster
2. VITAMIN C: fights viral infections by increasing blood interferons; reduces length of fever
3. GARLIC: natural antibiotic; anti-inflammatory; anti-viral, anti-bacterial
4. OPTIFLORA: increase good bacteria
5. LECITHIN: coats red blood cells, thereby providing protection against invasion of virus or bacteria
6. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: protects red blood cell membranes; increases circulation
a. If candida is one of the causes it must be dealt with – see candida
b. Caffeine must be avoided
c. Natural progesterone hormonal cream is highly recommended
- VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: reduces hormonal storms
- GLA: minimizes fluctuations in hormonal imbalance
- B COMPLEX: promotes hormonal balance; promotes blood cell productivity; assists in water balance
- OPTIFLORA: reduces yeast proliferation
- VITAMIN C: important for healing process
- OSTEOMATRIX: reduces vascular & muscular tension
- ZINC: essential for healing
- CorENERGY: reduces pain; helps bring balance in hormonal system
1. INSTANT OR ENERGIZING SOY: to provide essential amino acids for brain function
2. LECITHIN/GLA: improves brain circulation
3. B COMPLEX: nourishes the central nervous system
4. OSTEOMATRIX: important for proper nerve transmission
5. ZINC: needed for connective tissue repair
6. ALFALFA: for necessary mineral balance
7. CAROTOMAX: an important antioxidant that aids in protecting brain function
8. VITAMIN C: vital to functioning of the adrenal gland
9. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: aids circulation & immunity
FIBROCYSTIC DISEASE OF THE BREAST:
1. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: extremely important for antioxidant purposes
2. GLA: minimizes fluctuations in hormone imbalance
3. LIVER DTX: liver detoxification
4. B COMPLEX: important in fluid retention & hormonal regulation
5. APPETITE REDUCING SPRAY: for detoxification
6. CAROTOMAX: necessary for mucous membranes of the breast’s ductal system
7. VITAMIN C: strengthens the adrenal glands, necessary for hormone production & balance
8. CorENERGY: acts as an adaptogen to bring about hormonal balance
9. OPTIFLORA: reduces toxin load
10. HERB LAX: reduces toxin load
1. VITAMIN C: strengthens the integrity of connective tissue
2. CoEnzymeQ10: increases cellular energy
3. NUTRIFERON: strengthens the immune system
4. LECITHIN/GLA: insulates the fibrous sheath of the nerve bundles
5. OSTEOMATRIX: muscle relaxant
6. OPTIFLORA: increase good bacteria
7. FITNESS or PHYSIQUE: muscle tissue recovery
8. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: improves oxygenation of cells
9. GINKGO BILOBA (Shaklee Clarity): improves blood flow throughout the body
10. GENTLE SLEEP COMPLEX: relaxes muscles so they can heal; encourages body to make more cortisone for healing
1. OPTIFLORA: supplies “friendly” bacteria that are deficient in fungus in infections
2. GARLIC: neutralizes most fungi
3. SHAKLEE DR: 7 days on/4days off for several cycles to boost the body’s immunity
4. VITAMIN C: to boost the body’s immunity
5. CAROTOMAX: boosts body’s immunity; aids in healing of the skin tissue
6. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: to strengthen immune system
1. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: increases circulation to the eye; powerful free radical scavenger
2. CAROTOMAX: necessary to heal & remove pressure from behind the eye
3. GLA: involved in the regulation of circulation to the eye; anti-inflammatory
4. VITAMIN C: prevents tearing of capillaries; detoxifies free radicals; anti-inflammatory
5. OPTIFLORA: reduce toxin load
6. ALFALFA: mineral content relaxes arterial muscles; anti-inflammatory
7. HERB-LAX: detoxifies body tissues
8. LIVER DTX: reduce toxin load
9. CoEnzymeQ10: powerful antioxidant
10. GINKGO BILOBA (Shaklee Clarity): increase blood flow to the eyes
1. ALFALFA: produces alkaline reaction in the blood; excellent source of potassium
2. VITAMIN C: lowers serum uric acid
3. LIVER DTX: reduce toxin load
4. B COMPLEX: essential for improved metabolism
5. HERB-LAX: reduce toxin load
6. ZINC: critical for protein metabolism & tissue repair
7. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: improves circulation & neutralizes free radicals
HAIR (Loss of): (use Shaklee’s ProSante hair products)
1. B COMPLEX: nourishes the hair shaft
2. ZINC: critically important in rapid cell growth
3. ALFALFA: overcome trace mineral deficiencies
4. LECITHIN: absorptive aid for all fat soluble nutrients essential for health hair shaft
5. CoEnzymeQ10: increase cellular energy
6. OPTIFLORA: reduce toxin load
7. VITAMIN C: improve scalp circulation/antioxidant for hair follicle
8. PERFORMANCE: increase potassium levels
9. GINKGO BILOBA (Shaklee Clarity): increases blood flow to brain
HEADACHES (see headache manual for specific details on treating the 5 main types of headaches … investigate hormonal deficiencies – enhance toxin elimination from body):
1. ALFALFA: overcome trace mineral deficiencies; anti-inflammatory especially for sinus pressure
2. B COMPLEX: brings balance to hormonal fluctuations
3. STRESS RELIEF COMPLEX
4. OSTEOMATRIX: reduces vascular tension
5. LECITHIN: absorptive aid for all fat soluble nutrients
6. VITAMIN E: increases capillary blood flow
1. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: increases capillary blood flow; vassal dilator; prevents clotting
2. LECITHIN: fat emulsifier; reduces cholesterol
3. CoEnyzmeQ10: energize heart muscle
4. CHOLESTEROL REGULATING COMPLEX: to regulate cholesterol
5. ALFALFA: high mineral content promotes natural chelating; reduces tissue water retention; provides potassium & magnesium to relax arterial muscles
6. OSTEOMATRIX: regulates heart rhythm; relaxes muscle tension
7. GARLIC: anti-hypertensive; dilates small blood vessels; prevents clotting; dissolves fat deposits and thins blood
8. SOLUBLE FIBER (Fiber Plan, Daily Crunch): reduce excessive cholesterol & toxins
9. VITAMIN C: maintains connective tissue integrity; prevents tearing of capillaries
10. B COMPLEX: anti-stress
HEARTBURN: (drink peppermint/ginger tea)
1. BIFIDUS (in OPTIFLORA): deduces reflux reaction
2. OSTEOMATRIX: neutralizes stomach acid
3. ALFALFA: possess three classes of enzymes for proteins, fats & carbohydrates to overcome digestive disorders
4. EZ-GEST: digestive enzymes
HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE: (drink adequate water for kidney health)
1. OMEGAGUARD: reduces work demand on heart; increases HDL; improves liver metabolism of fats; increase flow rate in small blood vessels
2. CoEnzymeQ10: regulates circulatory system
3. GARLIC: dilates small blood vessels; prevents clotting; dissolves fatty deposits & thinks blood
4. OPTIFLORA: anti-stress: detoxifies neuro-toxins for a healthier nervous system; helps normalize blood lipids
5. HERB-LAX: provides from proper elimination of fats before they are reabsorbed
6. LECITHIN: emulsifies blood fats, improves liver function; lower blood pressure
7. ALFALFA: strengthens the kidneys which make a hormone that regulates blood pressure; natural diuretic
8. OSTEOMATRIX: a deficiency in calcium has been linked to high blood pressure
9. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: improves heart function; vassal dilator
1. STRESS RELEIF COMPLEX
2. B COMPLEX: regulates the central nervous system
3. INSTANT OR ENERGIZING SOY: provides essential amino acids for appropriate serotonin production
4. OSTEOMATRIX: nature’s tranquilizer, calming effect
5. HERB-LAX: detoxifies body poisons
6. LECITHIN: insulates nerve bundles
7. ALFALFA: overcomes mineral deficiencies
8. GENTLE SLEEP COMPLEX: herbal calming remedy; promotes deeper sleep
HYPOGLYCEMIA: (several small meals throughout the day)
1. EXTRA INSTANT OR ENERGIZING SOY: regulates blood sugar; strengthens glandular functions
2. ALFALFA: helps regulate glandular functions
3. B COMPLEX: allows adrenal-pancreas-liver balance of blood sugar
4. ZINC: strengthens glandular functions; hair analyses reveals that most hypoglycemics are deficient
5. VITAMIN C: for adrenal glandular insufficiency
6. CorENERGY (Shaklee Ginseng/Cordeceps): glandular benefits
7. CoEnzymeQ10: energizes adrenals
8. CHROMIUM: critical for glucose metabolism
INSOMINIA: (investigate estrogen dominance AND/OR hypoglycemia)
1. LECITHIN: assist neuro-transmitter production in brain
2. OSTEOMATRIX: nature’s tranquilizers; muscle relaxant
3. STRESS RELIEF COMPLEX
4. GENTLE SLEEP COMPLEX: restores relaxed state to central nervous system
5. VITAMIN C: deals with stress response-calms nerves
6. OPTIFLORA: displaces many neuro-toxins
1. GINKGO BILOBA (Shaklee Clarity): improves blood flow
2. OSTEOMATRIX: provides proper building blocks for bones
3. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: improves limb circulation by increasing capillary blood flow
4. OPTIFLORA: reduces nutrient malabsorption
5. ALFALFA: overcomes trace mineral deficiency
1. LIVER DTX: detoxify the liver
2. HERB-LAX: detoxifies & prevents accumulation of metabolic waster products
3. SOLUBLE FIBER (e.g.. Fiber Plan, Daily Crunch): helps remove the toxic load on the liver
4. LECITHIN: prevents fat build-up or fatty liver
5. APPETITE REDUCTION SPRAY: to detoxify
6. OPTIFLORA: detoxifies many chemicals
7. VITAMIN C: neutralizes toxic substances & boosts immune system
8. ALFALFA: detoxifies liver by stimulating bile flow
9. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: prevents oxidized fat accumulation & free radical damage
10. CAROTOMAX: anti-oxidant effect on free radicals
11. GARLIC: speeds liver healing; detoxifier
1. GLA: nature’s steroid – VERY IMPORTANT FOR LUPUS
2. VITAMIN C: antioxidant; also anti-inflammatory
3. B COMPLEX: strengthens glandular functions; reduces malabsorption; nourishes nervous system
4. ALFALFA: anti-inflammatory; strengthens kidneys (alfalfa leaf powder tablets ___NOT SPROUTS)
5. OPTIFLORA: for the immune system
6. ZINC: protects skin & organs; promotes healing
7. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: helps the body use oxygen more efficiently; promotes healing
8. CAROTOMAX: powerful antioxidant
9. GARLIC: immune system enhancer; protects enzyme systems
1. INSTANT OR ENERGIZING SOY: large amounts of essential amino acids
2. B COMPLEX: makes a healthy nervous system; nourishes neuro-transmitters
3. ST. JOHN’S WORT (Shaklee MoodLift): enhance serotonin levels HASH(0x11aa6cb4)
4. STRESS RELIEF COMPLEX
5. ZINC: protects brain cells
6. LECITHIN: insulates nerve bundles; improves brain circulation
7. ALFALFA: mineral imbalance can cause depression
8. GLA: important for improved cerebral circulation
9. VITAMIN C: a powerful immunostimulant
10. CoEnzymeQ10: energize each cell
[From Shirley Koritnik:
11. GENTLE SLEEP COMPLEX: helpful to bring down high manic state, especially in a 1:1 ration with LECITHIN, given every 20 minutes as needed up to 4-8 servings over 24 hrs.]
MENOPAUSE: (investigate natural progesterone cream)
1. MENOPAUSE REGULATION COMPLEX: for hormonal stability; reduces hot flashes
2. EXTRA SOY PROTEIN: helps balance hormones
3. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: prevents hormonal storms
4. GLA: helps balance hormones
5. VITAMIN C: promotes glandular health; assists mineral absorption
6. B-COMPLEX: minimizes water retention, hot flashes & nervous disorders; anti-stress; increases glandular health
7. OSTEOMATRIX: maintain bone integrity
8. STRESS RELIEF COMPLEX
9. CAROTOMAX: promotes healthy mucous membranes in the vaginal area; anti-oxidant
MENSTRUAL DIFFICULTIES: (investigate estrogen dominance/progesterone deficiency)
1. B COMPLEX: reduces stress; helps regain hormonal imbalance; reduces water retention
2. GLA: regains hormonal imbalance by minimizing fluctuations due to nutrient deficiency
3. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: prevents hormonal storms
4. EXTRA SOY PROTEIN: manufactures hormones
5. ALFALFA: reduces tissue water retention
6. OSTEOMATRIX: reduces cramping by providing for proper muscle relaxation
MEMORY IMPROVEMENT: (investigate estrogen dominance)
1. LECITHIN/OMEGAGUARD: improves brain circulation; nourishes brain cells
2. B COMPLEX: nourishes neuro-transmitters
3. GINKGO BILOBA (Shaklee Clarity): improves oxygen/hormones/nutrient availability to the brain
4. HERB-LAX: detoxifies body toxins
5. LIVER DTX: reduce toxin load
6. OPTIFLORA: reduce toxin load
7. CoEnzymeQ10: energize every cell
8. ALFALFA: mineral smorgasbord
9. APPETITE REDUCING SPRAY: to detoxify
10. CorENERGY (Ginseng/Cordeceps): Increase oxygen availability to cells
1. B COMPLEX: makes a healthy nervous system; nourishes neuro-transmitters
2. LECITHIN/OMEGAGUARD: insulates nerve bundles; improves brain circulation
3. STRESS RELIEF COMPLEX: detoxifies many neuro-toxins
4. OSTEOMATRIX: nature’s calmer
5. OPTIFLORA: reduce toxin load
6. EXTRA SOY PROTEIN: additional amino acids for repair
OSTEOPOROSIS: (make sure progesterone levels are optimal & do weight-bearing exercise)
1. OSTEOMATRIX with VITAMIN D: necessary for bone integrity
2. INSTANT OR ENERGIZING SOY: bones are 65% protein
3. VITAMIN C: necessary to build adequate connective tissue; assists mineral absorption
4. OPTIFLORA: increases availability of many trace nutrients
5. ALFALFA: mineral smorgasbord
6. EZ-GEST: to enhance absorption of nutrients
PREMENSTRUAL SYNDROME (PMS) (investigate estrogen dominance/progesterone deficiency – natural progesterone creams are often required)
1. GLA: regains hormonal imbalance by minimizing fluctuations due to nutrient deficiency
2. B COMPLEX: helps regain hormonal imbalance; reduces stress; reduces water retention
3. PERFORMANCE: helps regulate electrolytes
4. ALFALFA: reduce trace mineral deficiencies; reduces water retention
5. LECITHIN: insulates nerve bundles
6. VITAMIN C: increase glandular health
7. OSTEOMATRIX: reduces cramps; reduces insomnia
PROSTRATE TROUBLE: (avoid alcohol and caffeine)
1. SAW PALMETTO: herbal remedy which reduces prostate inflammation
2. ZINC: promotes healthy prostate
3. EXTRA SOY PROTEIN: reduces DHT formation
4. VITAMIN C: anti-inflammatory; strengthens gland
5. CAROTOMAX: anti-inflammatory; anti-oxidant effect on free radicals
6. ALFALFA: anti-inflammatory; increases kidney filtration rate
7. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: reduces degeneration
8. LECITHIN/OMEGAGUARD: for prostate cellular protection
9. B COMPLEX: anti-cancer properties
10. OSTEOMATRIX: reduces vascular tension
11. OPTIFLORA: reduce toxin load
12. LIVER DTX: reduce toxin load
PSORIASIS: (drink adequate water for proper detoxification of skin, bowels & kidneys)
1. ALFALFA: blood purifier & cleanser; strengthens & cleanses kidneys
2. GLA: IMPORTANT for all skin disorders
3. HERB-LAX: detoxifies toxins from the body
4. LIVER DTX: reduce toxin load
5. STRESS RELIEF COMPLEX: to relieve stress related root causes
6. CAROTOMAX: reduces effects of UV light from the sun; nourishes epithelium skin tissue
7. VITAMIN C: speeds tissue healing; detoxifies sensitizing substances; boosts immune system
8. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: promotes healing of skin; increases circulation
9. APPETITE REDUCTION SPRAY: to reduce toxins
10. ZINC: needed for connective tissue repair in scar tissue
11. B COMPLEX: improved nutrient absorption
12. OPTIFLORA: detoxifies many chemicals
13. GARLIC: detoxification; increases capillary circulation; speeds tissue healing
1. VITAMIN C: immune support; speeds up healing
2. B COMPLEX: provides nutrients needed for healing the nerve damage
3. ZINC: needed for healing of connective tissue
5. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: immune support; speeds up healing
6. CAROTOMAX: immune support; heals epithelial tissue
7. CoEnzymeQ10: increases healing energy
8. OPTIFLORA: strengthens immune system; reduce toxin load
9. GARLIC: for the immune system
10. LIVER DTX: reduce toxin load
SINUSITIS: (purify the air you breathe ___ AirSource is recommended)
1. VITAMIN C: anti-inflammatory; thins mucous; decongestant; reduces histamine release
2. ALFALFA: reduces the effect of inflammatory endorphins; natural anti-histamine
3. GARLIC: reduces inflammation; natural sinus & nasal decongestant
4. OPTIFLORA: build the immune system
5. NUTRIFERON: to strengthen the immune system
6. CAROTOMAX: promotes healing of mucous membranes after infection
7. ZINC: promotes healing of mucous lining
1. STRESS RECOVERY COMPLEX: works in 20 to 30 minutes
2. B COMPLEX: nourishes the central nervous system; builds the adrenal glands
3. VITAMIN C: boosts body energy; calms nerves as a result of a stress response, builds adrenal glands
4. OSTEOMATRIX: calcium needs increase 5x under stress
5. GARLIC: anti-stress food
6. LECITHIN: nerve bundle insulator; relaxes nervous system; increase brain function
7. ALFALFA: provides for additional trace mineral needs due to stress
8. CAROTOMAX: increased immune protection
9. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: increased immune protection; for a healthy heart
10. GENTLE SLEEP COMPLEX: encourages better sleep patterns; body makes more cortisone during sleep
11. EXTRA SOY PROTEIN: protein levels increase when stressed
1. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: prevents clot formation; increases capillary blood flow; vassal dilator
2. LECITHIN: emulsifies fat; reduces cholesterol
3. GARLIC: prevents clot formation; thins blood; dissolves fatty deposits; dilates small blood vessels
4. CoEnzymeQ10: reduces blood clotting, relaxes blood vessel walls
5. CHOLESTEROL REGULATING COMPLEX
6. HERB-LAX: provides for adequate elimination of fats in waste
7. GINKGO BILOBA: increase blood flow
8. OSTEOMATRIX: relaxes blood vessel walls
9. SOLUBLE FIBER (e.g.. Fiber Plan, Daily Crunch): absorbs blood fats & takes away in waste
THYROID: Hypothyroidism (investigate progesterone deficiency)
1. ALFALFA: good source of balanced iodine
2. LECITHIN: essential for thyroid hormone production
3. INSTANT OR ENERGIZING SOY: essential for the formation of hormones; builds glandular strength
4. VITAMIN C: essential for glandular health; speeds tissue healing & connective tissue integrity
5. APPETITE REDUCITON SPRAY: helps detoxify
6. ZINC: essential for glandular health
7. B COMPLEX: essential for glandular health
8. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: powerful free radical scavenger
9. CorENERGY (Ginseng/Cordeceps): for energy
10. CoEnzymeQ10: energize every cell
11. OPTIFLORA: for immune health
1. INSTANT OR ENERGIZING SOY: essential for hormonal balance
2. B COMLEX: essential to nourish the hypothalamus gland
3. VITAMIN C: reduces degeneration of cellular tissue in gland
4. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: powerful free radical scavenger – reduces degeneration of cellular tissue
5. GARLIC: anti-oxidant for immune support; anti-inflammatory
6. CAROTOMAX: immune support
7. GLA: anti-inflammatory; immune support, aids hormone imbalance
8. OPTIFLORA: for immune health
ULCERS: (check for helicobacter pylori bacterium – if you have it, use Pepto Bismol, garlic, Optiflora)
1. CAROTOMAX: needed for healing; protects the mucous membranes of the stomach & intestine
2. ZINC: needed for healing
3. ALFALFA: heals damaged mucous forming cells in stomach
4. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: aids in reducing stomach acid
5. B COMPLEX: reduces the effects of stress; increases nutrient metabolism
6. GARLIC: reduces the effects of stress; speeds tissue healing
7. OPTIFLORA: detoxifies many neuro-toxins to reduce anxiety
8. STRESS RELIEF COMPLEX: many ulcers are due to stress
VARICOSE VEINS: (use Epic Boots)
1. HERB-LAX: reduces back pressure in the portals of the circulatory system
2. VITAMIN E + SELENIUM: improves the efficiency of heart muscle; vassal dilator
3. LIVER DTX: detoxify the liver to reduce pressure in arteries
4. GARLIC: dilates blood vessels; increases circulation
5. VITAMIN C: increases capillary strength; reduces blood clotting; promotes healing; prevents bruising
6. B COMPLEX: increases nutrient metabolism
7. GINKGO BILOBA (Shaklee MENTAL ACUITY): increases blood flow
8. CoEnzymeQ10: relaxes blood vessel walls
This accumulation of information from sharing among Shaklee distributors is meant to inform and educate but is not intended as a prescription or a substitution for health care by a professional. However, a person has a Constitutional right to prescribe for him- or herself, and rightfully assumes responsibility for his or her own health. Neither the sender of this information, Shaklee, nor Shaklee distributors can assume any responsibility for any results obtained from the correct or incorrect application of the therapeutic approaches described here.
The reality is that a food-based approach is backed up by thousands of success stories over many, many years, in many different countries, and that a food-based approach is a conservative one, close to nature. It’s also an approach that individuals have access to and control of. Shaklee products fit in because they are total food supplements, processed naturally from quality food sources to use when you’re not getting enough of, or the right kind of, food for good health.
Shaklee has been in business since 1956, with original research by Dr. Shaklee going back to the early 1900s, and there are millions of satisfied Shaklee customers over the span of 85+ years (since Dr. Shaklee’s products have been available) who have dealt with a myriad of health concerns. With Shaklee’s 30-day money-back guarantee, you have everything to gain, and nothing to lose.
Begin working on these steps AS SOON AS you join Shaklee – complete them within your first 24 HOURS!!!!
o Register with Shaklee as a GOLD AMBASSADOR
o Your Sponsor’s PWS, fax or call 800-SHAKLEE
o Learn how to fill out and submit applications to Shaklee
o Any questions? Call Shaklee Field Support at 925-734-3636
o Set up your online access
o Check your email for your “Activation Email” – it has your ‘Activation Key’
? Follow directions on that email – or – Go to www.myshaklee.com and click on “Haven’t received Activation Email”
o Become familiar with your “Back Office”. How to place orders there, learn about Incentives, and download product information
o Click on “My Website” and set up your Personal Website (PWS)
o Submit your email address to email@example.com to get on email Distribution
? Please send exactly in this format: Bob Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org)
? Also include your upline Business Leaders name
o Set some initial GOALS
o What are your business objectives for 30 days, 90 days, 6 mo, 1 year, 5 years? What results would get you EXCITED? What results would inspire you to WORK?!
o List of names
o Create a list of 30-50 names (working toward 100) – NO PREJUDGING!
o Pick the top 15 you would like to share Shaklee’s Business and Products with
o Work with your Sponsor to determine HOW you will share the Business/Products with these first 15
? 1) Opportunity Meeting 2) In-home 3) DVD 4) Online 5) Private meeting
o Set your Business Hours
o Schedule your week to attend Opportunity Meetings, Business Training, Conference Calls, Web casts
o Determine and COMMIT to your monthly Activity Level
o Part-Time: A minimum of 2-4 people per week
? Objective: At LEAST 15 NEW people each month seeing the business
o Full-Time: A minimum of 6-10 people per week
? Objective: AT LEAST 30 NEW people each month seeing the business
o Communication & Accountability
o Set the time where you will have a conversation with you Sponsor or Upline EVERY DAY for the first 30 days
Thursday November 1, 2007
DaVal Sales Shaklee Meeting
Park Plaza Hotel
4460 West 78th Street Circle
(A meeting for Health Care Professionals will begin at 5:00 PM. This meeting is by reservation only. To make your reservation, please call Bernnie at DaVal Sales Office 952-474-2539)
****The regular meeting will begin at 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
(Please note the time change for this meeting only.)
Special Speaker: Master Coordinator Barb Lagoni
Master Coordinator Barb Lagoni has been a student of Nutrition most of her life. She fell in love with Shaklee when she found that the quality of their products were superior to any of the competitor’s products she had used before.
Barb is a graduate of Cornell University with a degree in Nutrition. Her formal education was just the beginning she has continued to study, learn & teach the most cutting-edge nutrition.
Barb gives freely of her time & experience & travel all over the U.S. to share her special gift at meetings both large and small. She serves on the Shaklee Product Committee giving her valuable input to the Company as they develop extra ordinary new products.
Barb will discuss: The Landmark Study, Shaklee’s Vitalizer, How to Kick the Sugar Habit, & How to Stay Healthy thru the Holiday Season & her own story. She will also give the Sales Presentation on how Shaklee Can Change Your Future.
Sponsored by Master Coordinators Dave & Val Setterholm
MC – Mark Setterholm, VP, DaVal Sales
Future Meeting Schedule
December – No meeting
January 5th – (Sat.) – Company Tour Meeting for 2008 12 noon -2:30 PM
January 10th – Thursday – “Product Fair” organized by Judy Myrlie for DaVal Sales (exception to the regular 1st Thursday of the month meeting
“We all need to get along – let’s be friends”
Occupations – Teachers, Nurses, Counselors
Givers – Donates their time for the benefit of others!
Likes to be a part of a TEAM!
HELPER! Let’s put on the west wing of the hospital!
Often times feels Guilty
Don’t show this group a CHECK!
They are NOT $ MOTIVATED.
Voice: Soft and Gentle
Dress: Casual and Comfortable
Strengths: Dependable, Team Player, Patient, Supportive and Nurturing
Weaknesses: Over-Sensitive, Followers, Not Goal Oriented
Key Words: Team, Together, Relationship, Family
Dislikes: Pushy people, Bullies, Conflict
“LET’S GET THE FACTS AND FIGURES”
Occupations – Accountants, Engineer, Research
Always need ‘More Information’
Always Asking Questions!
Don’t round #’s: Be Specific!!
ORGANIZED AND NEAT
Voice: Soft and Polite
Dress: Formal and Conservative
Strengths: Organized, Planners, Accurate, Persistent Follow Through
Weaknesses: Over-Analytical, Hard to please, Depressed, Lonely
Key Words: Why, Graphs, Charts, Research, Exactly
Dislikes: Pushy people, No Facts, Being Late, Lazy People
“FUN, FUN, FUN!!!”
Occupations – Sales, Entertainment, Public Speakers
Tend to be BIG THINKERS!
Loves to tell stories to get point across!
Will INITIATE the team AND be the LEADER of the team!
Often talks with their hands!
Voice: Loud and Fast
Dress: Stylish, Flamboyant, Colorful
Strengths: Promoters, Convincing, Enthusiastic, High Energy
Weaknesses: Talk to much, Poor follow-up, Unorganized, Exaggerate
Key Words: FUN, Excitement, Freedom, Life Style
Dislikes: Not Having Fun, Facts and Figures, Bored
“GET OUT OF MY WAY”
Occupations – Attorney’s, Airline Pilot’s, CEO’s, Politicians
‘Bull in a China Shop’
Their way or the Highway!
Make a decision!
Do it and live with it!!
THEY ARE ALWAYS RIGHT!
NOT VERY COMPASSIONATE
LIVE BY COMPARISON
Voice: Forceful with Volume
Dress: Dress for Success
Strengths: Focused, Goal Oriented, Intense
Weaknesses: Ego, Short Tempered, Dominating, Impatient, Un-teachable
Key Words: MONEY, Power, Control, To the Point
Dislikes: Indecision, Chit-Chat, Losing Control